Thursday, January 17, 2008

Accumulation

Accumulation is the purest form of beauty (maybe next to color).
Accumulation is the most ethical platform for sculpture.
Accumulation embodies effort
Accumulation makes time commitment self-evident
Accumulation is honest
Accumulation is earnest
Accumulation suggests over-investment: love, panic.
Accumulation is up/absurd. Not down.

For these reasons:
I am accumulating newspaper, wednesday and saturdays, one carload at a time.
I am accumulating plastic bags, every time I go to hannifords or to visit someone's house
I am accumulating dressers and shelving from dumpsters and thrift stores
I am accumulating decent wood, when I see it abandoned at UBS
I am accumulating my own trash. constantly.
I am accumulating flow chart drawings of things I believe to be true
I am accumulating portrait-drawings of people I idolize based on my favorite google-image portrait of them
I am accumulating drawings of places where trash is when I want to make dumb drawings.

I love this way of working because it acknowledges the idea that any object can be just right, complete.
I am afraid of this way of working because I worry it is not enough, that it is allowing me to indulge a fear of aiming for something to be perfect just because I fear I will fail.
I do it because I believe that enough accumulation can transcend the mediocrity, the arbitraryness of any one peice. Enough accumulation will make my work Whole.

5 comments:

rachelthelime said...

dear rachel, yes art is life, life is an art and living is art, your work feels as you know the wisdom of perception, experience and giving...
thank you, I will always remember your work and your word and your writting, hope thousands of people get to experience it too.
Love and light,
Mercedes
mercedesartjsj@gmail.com

rachelthelime said...

dear rachel, yes art is life, life is an art and living is art, your work feels as you know the wisdom of perception, experience and giving...
thank you, I will always remember your work and your word and your writting, hope thousands of people get to experience it too.
Love and light,
Mercedes
mercedesartjsj@gmail.com

rachelthelime said...

Rachel, thank you for putting it all into art. I wanted to keep absorbing it for longer than Tessa would allow!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

adult bi sex stories said...

I said a little louder. Danny wants to see Becky.
free retro erotic stories
adult rape stories
sexy shaving stories
young girls masturbation stories
teen virgins having sex stories
I said a little louder. Danny wants to see Becky.